Southern Virginia Mom's Christmas Wish List (sung to the tune of "My Favorite Things")

Last year I sat down to write my Christmas wish list at just the time I was awaiting the new Sound of Music television movie. What resulted was the first part of a holiday wish list, sung to the tune of "My Favorite Things." I posted my list on facebook last year, and at the urging of several friends, wrote the second verse, which included even more local shopping ideas. If you have a business you'd like to see included on the list, please let me know. If I have enough, I may just write a third part. Let's always remember our local businesses and friends when knocking out that holiday shopping! 
Cheers! Erin
Molasses Grill Dinners and Brooks Brothers Sweaters
Reaves Engraved Papers with Monogram Letters
Oversize Reva Clutch Tied Up with String
These are a Few of My Favorite Things

Sans Soucy Ginger and Matt Stafford Vases
Prizery Tickets to see Friendly Faces
Charming Charm Bracelets which Sing Jing-A-Ling
These are a Few of My Favorite Things

Coco Mademoiselle and a Phil Ramsey Creation
An Overnight Trip to Berry Hill Plantation
A Blackberry Spa Card Will Make My Heart Sing!
These are a Few of My Favorite Things!

When the Guests Leave,
When the Fire Dims, 
When I’m Feeling Sad, 
I Simply Head Down to the Bistro to Eat, and Then I don’t Feel So Bad!



Peroni’s Gelato, Music Lessons at Fincher’s,
A Coat Bought at Lantor’s for Cold Snowy Winters,
A Pair of Jack Rogers from David McC (That last part is a stretch, but I’m going with it.)
These are a Few of My Favorite Things

Distinct Impressions and Keep it Classy
Warm up with Chili at A Southern Plenty
Antiques and Ornaments at Enchanted Surroundings
These are a Few of My Favorite Things!

A Lulu Necklace at Global Friends Gallery
Reading a Book from the Local Library
Taking an Angel from the Angel Tree
These are a Few of My Favorite Things!

When the Guests Leave,
When the Fire Dims,
When I’m Feeling Sad,
I Simply Head Down to the Bistro to Eat, and then I Don’t Feel So Bad!
Courtland and Carrington took this picture recently to promote Destination Downtown South Boston's 2014 Christmas Open House. Thanks to DDSB's Tamyra Vest for asking the children to take part in this ad, to Blakely Swanson at Images by Swanson Photography for the beautiful photo, and to Andy Newland, owner of 3 Women No Truck for the lovely Christmas backdrop. Isn't this horse gorgeous? It is for sale at 3 Women No Truck. Thanks to Andy, also, for the wonderful candle. It smells so good! We all had fun with this, and love to support our local businesses! Merry Christmas! 
xoxo, Erin




Comments

Adsense