It's back! The Garnier-Thiebaut Sale that I visited an embarrassing number of times in the fall is back! I have always loved all things French - the language, the food, the wine, the art, and, of course, the decadent chocolate. And when I was first introduced to Garnier-Thiebaut, maker of French luxury fabrics and linens, I realized my love for luxurious french linens. Garnier-Thiebaut is having a Warehouse Sale in South Boston, Virginia, this weekend, Thursday April 30 through Saturday May 2. Read about my previous warehouse sale shopping trips here and here. And well, here, too. The sale will be held Thursday, April 30th 11am - 8pm; Friday, May 1st 9:30am - 9pm; Saturday, May 2nd 9am - 2pm. Location and directions are listed below.
The Garnier-Thiebaut warehouse sale in South Boston, VA starts Thursday morning, but the gracious owner and employees allowed me take a sneak peek Wednesday night and pick out my favorite things. It was like being in luxury french linen heaven. Garnier-Thiebaut provided me with an opportunity to shop til I dropped the night before the sale is open to the public, take pictures, and choose my favorite merchandise, and I promised Garnier-Thiebaut that I would share pictures, info, and my favorite finds here on my blog. Connect with them on facebook here or visit the sale website at www.halifaxmill.com.
If you have gone to the sale before and know what to expect, know that there are a few changes this year, and hopefully it will make your shopping trip easier. First of all, the soaps. Good heavens, the soaps. And the lotions. And the linen sprays. These organic French hand and body lotions and soaps in various fragrances are quite the luxury, but are priced at only $3 to $10 each. I heart pretty packaging, too. It's the creme de la creme.
Another change is that the warehouse space will be configured differently. A cash register has been added, and the tables are set up in a different space from last year, so that the line can form without crowding the other shoppers. There will also be additional parking so that the traffic doesn't get too backed up.
Not to worry, though, not too much has changed. There are many items that you have come to love that are Garnier-Thiebaut staples and still available, like these bath rugs for $4.99.
And the luxurious sheet sets, duvet covers, and pillow cases. Mounds and mounds of pillow cases.
The line of sheets pictured below is brand new available to retailers for the first time in 2015. The Chamonix Premium Sheet Set is an 800 Thread Count Egyptian Cotton available in neutral hues available at a very small fraction of their retail value. *Be warned about these sheets, they have deep pockets! I have friends that don't care for the super deep pockets because there is excess sheet fabric that has to be tucked under. If you're a little obsessive about such things, you might want to opt for a different sheet, but if you aren't bothered by a little extra fabric, these are the sheets for you. I don't mind an extra tuck here and there to have 800 Thread Count Egyptian Cotton sheets.*
And the Turkish towels. Turkish cotton is treated in a way that allows for super absorbency, durability, smoothness, and softness. These Lucia Minelli Turkish Cotton Towels, available in a variety of colors and several stitch patterns, are a luxury. The label notes that these are more expensive towels than average, but are well worth the extra price for the quality and softness of the cotton. At the warehouse sale, however, the towels are heavily discounted, priced between about $12 for three piece sets (hand towel, wash cloth, towel), and about $42 for a 10-piece set.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
1. The Garnier-Thiebaut Warehouse Sale is also known locally as "the old cotton mill sale." It is also formerly known as the Hilden America sale. They do sell the red and white checkered tablecloths, plus cloth napkins, bed sheets, towels, stainless steel flatware, door mats, and more.
2. Directions: The Garnier-Thiebaut Warehouse Sale is located at 1041 Commerce Lane, South Boston, Virginia. If you are traveling from the town of South Boston, take 58 West, take the right at the stop light just beside Bojangles onto Commerce Lane. There are Garnier-Thiebaut buildings on both sides of the lane. The warehouse sale is in the building on the left. Go around to the rear of the building.
3. The Garnier-Thiebaut Warehouse Sale will be held Thursday, April 30th 11am - 8pm; Friday, May 1st 9:30am - 9pm; Saturday, May 2nd 9am - 2pm.
5. Garnier-Thiebaut teamed up with The Halifax County Cancer Association this year. Someone from the cancer association will be on hand to sell raffle tickets and prizes will be awarded from the warehouse sale to raffle winners.
6. Like last year, Chef Steven Schopen, owner of Molasses Grill in the Town of Halifax, will be on site to present a cooking demonstration Saturday morning. The public is invited and encouraged to attend this cooking demonstration by the renowned and talented Chef Schopen.
Benefit Cookout 6pm to 8:30pm, Friday, May 1st 50% of Proceeds will go to Halifax Cancer Association
Cooking Demonstration Chef Steven Schopen of Molasses Grill 10:30am to 12:30pm, Saturday, May 2
Raffle 1:30pm, Saturday, May 2nd During the sale you will be asked to fill in your contact information, so we can email you an invitation for our next sale event and to enter for the raffle prize.FREE Parking
FREE Shopping Bag with purchase5% additional DISCOUNT on transactions over $100
10% additional DISCOUNT on transactions over $300
Cash, Visa, Mastercard accepted (No Amex, sorry)
Just for fun, where are my chicken-loving friends? Look at these chicken towels.
I have seriously been to this sale so many times that I have made friends with the owner and the employees. They are a great bunch of people, and I'm really glad I have had the opportunity to get to know them all and work with them in helping get the word out about the warehouse sale.
When asked where you heard about the sale, please tell them that you saw it on the Southern Virginia Mom Blog. I plan to post my finds tomorrow. I bought the most beautiful duvet cover and pillow shams. They are gorgeous, and I can't wait to show them off. Thanks so very much, and enjoy your shopping and your great warehouse sale finds!