Deb's Daylilies Wine and Flower Event, Charlotte County, Virginia

It is a dreary, soggy, January day, but my daylilies evidently didn’t get the memo. I have green nubs peeping through the dirt and mulch. I am always excited for springtime, but this year, I am especially excited about seeing my new daylilies bloom that I bought at Deb’s Daylilies and planted last summer.  
Deb’s Daylilies is a daylily garden located here in Southern Virginia. What began as a hobby for owners Debbie and Randall Parsons of Randoph, Virginia (Charlotte County), became a family owned small business in 2008. The company prides itself on growing many different varieties of quality, healthy ground grown daylilies.  They currently have over 400 varieties, some ready to sell and others are in growing beds, with the goal of adding more varieties each year.   
This past summer, some girlfriends and I spent a Saturday afternoon at Deb’s Daylilies’ 4th Annual Wine and Flowers event.  It was a lovely afternoon, warm, sunny, pleasantly un-crowded, and colorful. 
A musician made a stage on the front porch of the cabin on grounds, and a local food vendor served barbecue with all the fixins. Hunting Creek Vineyard was on site with wine and their famous-around-these-parts  sangria. 
We strolled through the rows of daylilies, with glasses in one hand, and clipboards in the other. We wrote down our favorite daylilies, and before we left, paid for our plants, which were dug out of the ground, placed in plastic bags, and delivered to the trunk of our car.  
It was too pleasant of a day and too pretty of a venue for me not to share.  If you love a lazy, country day, a song wafting through a warm, sunny breeze, beautiful, locally grown flowers, and the sweet taste of sangria from a local winery, you might love Deb’s Daylilly Festival in Randolph, Virginia.  
Just as their website says, daylilies are truly the perfect perennial. They come back year after year, require little maintenance, and the blooms are beautiful.  Deb’s Daylilies is located at 636 Adams Road, Randolph, Virginia in Charlotte County.  The garden is open May-August, Tuesday through Thursday 4pm - 7pm and Friday & Saturday 9am - 7pm, and other times upon request. Peak bloom time is June and July, with the Annual Wine and Flower Event held each June.  Several club luncheons were held last year at the garden.  If your club or group is interested in having a luncheon, please call 434.542.4488  to make arrangements.   
Did I mention that we had fun? The daylily garden is picture perfect, so how could we resist this? 
Thanks to attending the daylily event, I now have some of these daylily varieties peeping through the ground in my yard right now! I am so looking forward to seeing them bloom this spring. Until then, I'll enjoy scrolling through these pictures below, and will start planning another girls' afternoon at the garden. Who's with me? When it comes to wine, flowers, and friends, the more, the merrier!
xoxo, Erin
Southern Virginia Mom



Thanks for taking time to read about this local business and beautiful garden here in Southern Virginia. For more articles like this one, head to the SoVA Mom Home Page and make sure to Follow Southern Virginia Mom on Facebook. xoxo, Erin, Southern Virginia Mom

Comments

  1. As a passionate gardener, I'm always looking for new ideas and inspiration for my own garden. Your blog is a great resource for me, and I really appreciate all the helpful tips and advice you share.

    Your encouragement gave us the confidence we needed to perservere through any obstructions throughout our journey as gardeners trying to grow these oftentimes grueling plants In the end, though, I now have a wide array of options when it comes to low-light loving houseplants.

    If anyone reading this is also looking for great flowers, I highly recommend checking out Merrilily Gardens. They have a fantastic selection of daylillies for every kind of garden, and their customer service is top-notch.

    And if you're in the Woodstock area, definitely get in touch with them about bulk daylilies. I recently ordered a bunch for my own garden, and they're absolutely stunning!

    Thanks again for all the great content you share here. I'm looking forward to your next post!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Adsense