524 Fitness Community and Me - Together Again!

I posted after Mother's Day that I had asked for and received a month of personal training with Kasey Rising at 524 in Halifax, Virginia. I went to 524 and took some pictures, posted them, and talked about my enthusiasm for beginning this workout regimen and shift toward healthier living.  Read the first 524 article here.
I initially worked out  at 524 during a free week about 5 weeks ago. It was tough, just being honest.  I worked out every day, and I wonder if I didn't over exert myself, having gone into this after too long with no real exercise regimen or consistent workout patterns. The Monday following my first week, an old stomach muscle injury came back to haunt me. Through no fault of the trainer, my stomach muscle injury caused me to have to take the next two weeks off from working out. ROADBLOCK!
It is so easy for me to get off track sometimes, and so hard to get back on, so I had to make a committment to myself that if these roadblocks popped up along the journey, I would simply wait for the danger to pass, then hop back on the path again. 
Yesterday finished out my second week of working out again, this time every other day instead of daily. Even though I decided to take it slower, I feel like in just a couple of weeks I have built up strength, particularly in my arms, and am faster than I was at the timed exercises just two or three weeks ago.
This is what was on the board when I went into 524 yesterday, not including the wall walks (warm up exercises) and the planks (core exercies done after workout).  I am still working my way up to doing all of the exercises, and Kasey allows me to do modified pushups and modified toes to bar. Instead I hold the bar and pull my knees to my stomach, until I can do more. Every day the warm ups, exercises, and core exercises are listed on the board, and they vary from day to day.
After your workout, your times are posted on the board like this:
I can not tell you how happy I am to finally be back on the board! Not too shabby for my second week back, if I do say so.
Since my first post a few weeks ago, Kasey has secured a bunch more clients. She is also in the process of moving her business to a different location in Halifax, and with her influx of clientele, she has been able to hire two more trainers, Trevor and Stephen. Welcome, guys!  I met Stephen yesterday, and he showed me how to do the wall walks, and encouraged me during my workout. I know Kasey is thrilled to have both Stephen and Trevor on her team!
Kasey and Stephen at 524 Fitness Community in Halifax, Virginia
Again, so happy to be back at 524! Until next time, I leave you with these words of truth:
 
 
 

Comments

Adsense