Overwhelmed, but Catching Up!

My kitchen is a disaster right now. My beach trip with a friend this weekend has fallen through. My children start school next week, and I think at least one of them needs new shoes, plus my daughter wants for me to sew her some new cullottes for gym class.  I was asked to write an article for the local newspaper that just this morning was only half complete. I was asked to write a quote for another article, am in the middle of a basement redo, and am about to embark upon directing Charlotte's Web at the local cultural arts center. My garbage disposal has given out, and my kitchen faucet has been leaking for months. That's not even the overwhelming part. I am not sure what I do and don't have written in my calendar (Lord, Please help me to not miss another dentist appointment), my car is completely covered in dirty crepe myrtle droppings (largely because I am overdue in cutting back overgrown crepe myrtle brances), and I have a mountain of paperwork that I have all too "conveniently" stuffed into a cabinet.  
I truly buckled down today, and the things I had been avoiding, like the article, had to get done. The pile of clothes that was giving me mini panic attacks had to get sorted through. You know how it goes. At the end of the day I look back, and feel a little bit of accomplishment and a lot less stressed.
I finished the article and submitted it. Check.
I submitted a quote. Check.
I worked on Charlotte's Web and drafted an email for the board. Check.
My children (and I) are all dressed, fed, and brushed our teeth and hair. Check.
I folded three loads of laundry. Check.
I cleared out some kids clothes and shoes and took them to Goodwill. Check and a tax write off.
The plumber installed my new faucet and garbage disposal this morning. Great big beautiful check!
I cleaned out my car. Still need to wash it, but the mess inside is finally gone. Check.
I am feeling so caught up right now, I might shave and paint my nails. Big time, I know. I'm celebrating tonight.
Anyway, if you don't see or hear from me in the next couple of days, please someone send a search party. I will either be buried beneath that pile of paperwork I "conveniently" stuffed in a cabinet or the crepe myrtles will have swallowed me alive.  Just kidding, no need to send a search party. Just send wine.  xoxo, Erin
 

Comments

Adsense