Scenes from the Riverwalk Trail, Danville, Virginia

For the past three weeks, I have been driving my teenage daughter to school in neighboring Danville, Virginia. The question I am most asked (aside from how Courtland likes her new school) is, "How do you like the drive?" Honestly, the drive is kind of nice. We are in the car together for about 45 minutes each morning, where we can chill, listen to music, and talk. Once in Danville, we take the bridge into the River District, crossing over the Dan River, past the JTI fountain on our left, and by the pleasant shops on Main Street. After I drop Courtland off at school each morning, I drive about 2 minutes to Carrington Pavilion and enjoy a walk on the Riverwalk Trail before heading back home. The Riverwalk Trail is so tranquil, a highlight of each day. Today, instead of donning my tennis shoes, I took to the trail with my camera in hand to capture these scenes.  Isn’t she lovely? 

 
Do you have a favorite place to walk? Hike? Reflect? Be at peace? I am happiest when in nature, especially in the mountains or surrounded by water.  I am so excited about an upcoming adventure that our family has planned. I don’t want to jinx it, but I have been thinking and planning and wishing for this trip for quite a while, and this weekend it is finally going to (start) happening. I can’t wait to share all about it! P.s. It involves mountains, water, hiking, and more! Oh, and FOOD! My kind of adventure. 
xoxo, Erin

Comments

Post a Comment

Adsense