What I Found on My Town of Halifax Morning Run

My son Carrington was standing in the upstairs hallway with his backpack strapped across his back, his dad and sister walking out the door calling him to hurry up, and his yearbook in his hand and a grin on his face.  He couldn't find his yearbook a few minutes before and called down to ask me for help. When I got to the top of the steps he explained that he had stood "right here" and prayed for God to help him find his book. And he did! 
 
We should always ask for God's help, guidance, and support in times of need. I told Carrington how smart it was of him to ask for help, and that he is very fortunate that God has given him two eyes, hands, and feet so that he can look for things on his own. Carrington needed to focus, be attentive, and keep his eyes open in order to find his book. God gave him the ability to do those things so that he can help himself.
 
It was ironic that I had this short conversation with Carrington this morning right after my workout with Kasey at 524, the fitness community in the Town of Halifax that I wrote about yesterday morning. You can read more about Kasey and 524 here.  When I went in to work out this morning, I warmed up, and then she sent me and the other two girls on our morning mission, my workout being halved since I'm a beginner. (Thank you, Kasey!)   We started out with running loops around the War Memorial and Beth Carr Baptist Church, then I completed 50 lunges (25 each leg) and 50 sit ups, then two more church loops, which made my running/walking total one mile. I did all of that in 27:33! 
I actually enjoyed the run/walk I took around the loop. I remember when the War Memorial was dedicated. My husband was on the War Memorial Committee, and we attended the 2003 dedication. I knew the Memorial was there, but had not paid a lot of attention to it in the years since.  I also drive by Beth Carr Baptist Church on a regular basis, but never really noticed what a lovely church it is until this morning, as the sun was rising, rays shining on its steeple.  After my workout, I went back with my camera and took a few pictures. These things have been here for years, and I have never until today truly appreciated their beauty.
One of the things I have noticed about blogging for the past couple of months is that I am now more aware of what's around me. I am on the lookout for these things. I notice more and appreciate more.  There is so much beauty in this world, and God has provided so many opportunities for us to take advantage of them.  Matthew 7:7 tells us to "Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." This can be applied to so many things in our lives. I believe this is true. I believe that we find what we are looking for, whether it is beauty, peace, negativity, doubt, or grace, or even a yearbook from time to time.  There are many things to be found on this earth, so I remind myself to be on the lookout for the beautiful, the peaceful, the mysterious, or any of the lovely things that my heart desires. God has provided for all of these things, and has given me the ability to see, feel, and experience them if I choose. I encourage you to do the same. Keep your eyes open, be attentive, and look for the miraculous in the mundane, the beauty in the ordinary, and peace amidst daily chaos. You may very well find what your'e looking for in the most extraordinary way.  
 
I would stay and write a little longer, but I have some asking, seeking, and knocking to do. I'm headed outdoors, and I believe there's something out there for me to see...
 
 

Comments

Adsense