What I Gave Myself for Mother's Day (and the Surprise in the Mailbox that Made Me Eat My Words)



Meet Courtland Elizabeth, also known as Courtland, Courtie, Miss Courtie, Ladybug, Doodlebug, Doodles, Oodles of Doodles, Pumpkin, Pumpkin Pie, Darling, And Sweet Pea. Isn't she precious? She is my first born, the one who made me a mom. I was posing for a picture this morning, when she ran up to me in an attempt to "photobomb" it. At first I thought about shoeing her off so I could go on with my picture (for this article) but decided quickly to grab her up and take the picture with her. I'm so glad I did, because it is the most candid picture we got this morning, and it is also my favorite. Thanks, Miss Courtie for always keeping your mama on her toes! I love you, Doodles.

Do you know what's a great feeling? Having an organized purse. Also, having a clean car. But when those two things happen on the same day (and they rarely do), it is the best feeling! Knowing how awesome (and rare) of a treat that is, I decided to give myself an early Mother's Day gift.  

Forget the flowers. Forget the jewelry. What Mom wanted was a clean car and a little organization. Oh, and about sixty minutes of Mom-Time to give myself a mani/pedi.  With this thought in mind, I started by dumping out the purse and starting over with a clean slate, so to speak. When it was as organized as it could possibly be, short of maybe being completely empty, I moved on to the car. I spent three hours in a marathon car detailing, sanitizer spraying, toothbrush scrubbing, washing cup holders in the kitchen sink, vacuum cleaner attachment, seat-tilt feature, kind of way. I cleaned out the inside, then drove to the car wash for the outside. I'm not quite sure why I do that, because by the time I scrub the wheels, scrub the fenders, and wipe down and clean the windows, I could have probably just washed it myself in the driveway. Maybe its because every time I go I am reminded  of Miss Courtie and Cary as toddlers belly laughing in hysterics when the pressure sprayers took turns pounding the window closest to each of them.  We still giggle about it a little even today when we go through the wash. 

Where was I?  My nails were an absolute wreck when I was done. I considered putting the mani/pedi on hold to do some other things that needed to be done, but felt like taking this time for myself was more important.  Plus, I had no idea when else it would get done, if not now. I saw a recipe on pinterest that calls for pouring white vinegar, mouthwash, and water into a pan or bowl and soaking the feet and/or hands for twenty minutes. Have you seen that one and wondered if it works? The answer is a resounding "yes." I have used this mixture probably five times in the last year, and it works wonders for softening my dry spots. I managed to find the time to also paint my nails, and I must say, I finally feel "put together" and it feels fine. Happy Mother's Day to me!  

Remember when I wrote "Forget the jewelry?" May I take that back? I would like to eat those words, please.  This package was waiting for me in the mailbox that evening when I was already in my feeling-put-together celebratory mood. You know the one.  I was expecting a package, but didn't know what it contained. My friend since college, Dawn Biddlecomb, has always had a keen fashion sense, balancing contemporary flair with her own classic style. Dawn has been a successful Stella & Dot stylist for several years. Something about this package told me that the contents would be good. Hello Gorgeous.
Maybe it was the love note on the outside encouraging me to recycle... 

Or the lovely box in my favorite spring color...
The packaging was nice, but...
This is what was inside that fabulous package:
The Elodie Necklace by Stella & Dot
Simply Gorgeous.
It was perfect with my lace top... 
and my grandmother's diamond earrings.  I don't look happy to be wearing this necklace, do I? The eating of words will now commence. Having a clean car is nice, but what's the point if you don't have a little sparkle for the drive?   
I wore the necklace with the lace top yesterday, but today I wore it with this white cami and a coral cardigan sweater. What I like about this necklace is that it is versatile. It looked just as pretty with the cotton sweater as it did with the lace. I can also see wearing it with my aqua and navy blue maxi sundress.  What I also love about this necklace is the array of colors. The aqua blue, teal, coral, citrine, and pumpkin not only all go well together, but are also all popular colors now, so I have lots in my closet that I can wear this with. I also have a tendency to wear a lot of neutral colors, such as creamy whites and tans, so having a necklace such as this one gives me a pop of color without making me feel overdone.
This brings me back to my first picture...the one of Courtie helping me out with my "modeling session." I don't mind at all, and think the picture is much better with her in it, anyway.  

Dawn Biddlecomb is a Stella & Dot Stylist, and she sent me the lovely necklace as a gift, but she didn't ask me to say these things. These are all my opinions and my own words, and I simply shared them  as a way of expressing my appreciation.  
 
Do something nice for yourself and someone you love this weekend, 
and have a very Happy Mother's Day!
 
Update: This blog article about the Elodie Necklace by Stella & Dot received over 300 views plus at least one necklace was purchased via my article, all within 24 hours.  Because of the attention my blog article drew to her website, Dawn set up a “party” for me.  Having an online Stella & Dot party wasn’t my reason for writing the article, but I’m happy that Dawn set this up for me, so that I might get credit for the sales from my article, earn some more of this beautiful jewelry, and continue to introduce friends to this line of jewelry and accessories and to Dawn. 




Comments

Adsense