Danville Kids Consignment Sale , March 26-28, 2015: I Came, I Shopped, I Conquered!



I came, I shopped, I conquered! At the Danville Kids Consignment Sale, that is. I was invited to take an exclusive look at the inside of the sale before it is open to the public, and I got to shop with the volunteers and consignors, as well.  When I showed up about twenty minutes before the doors opened, there was already a line of women, some with strollers and little ones by their sides, and all with large organization bin-tote bags.
I quickly spotted a few Danville friends and exchanged hugs and status updates before hitting the aisles. Here is my friend Kim with me gearing up for the pursuit of a great bargain! We were like two runners stretching for a 5k with the row of friendly cash register volunteers being our finish line! 
On your Mark! Get Set! Go!
DKC Sale volunteers are always allowed to shop first before the sale is open to the public. Volunteers can also have their consignor fees, or part of them, waived. If you are interested in shopping, consigning, and/or volunteering for a future spring or fall sale, go to www.danvillekidsconsignment.com for more information and to join the mailing list. 
This is a huge sale with numerous volunteers, consignors, and shoppers, and it does get hectic and a little, maybe a lot, crowded at times, but it is very well run, and I have noticed over the years that patrons are very patient with the long lines. The volunteers are just that - volunteers - and work very hard to make sure that the sale is as organized and efficient as possible. I think they do a great job! All clothing is organized by boy/girl and according to size. The girls clothing is on the right, and Courtland's size-8 was toward the end of the right aisles. This seems to me like a good place to start. 
When your children are small, it is easier to shop without them, but when they get to be my children's ages, 8 and 10, it can be harder. I had to pick out what I thought they would like, things that weren't too old or too young for them, that would be comfortable, but also met my standards. You know how tricky that can be. At the end of the day, I had found many items that the children and myself all agreed upon. There was only one thing that I bought that my daughter did not care for (and I'm going to keep that one between her and me.)
I really wanted the children to try on and model their outfits for me to share on the blog, but no, that didn't happen. Anyway, we''ll have to settle for hanging clothes instead. Carrington made out with 4 shirts, 4 shorts, 1 pair of pants, and a pair of Crocs.
I especially loved this pink polo shirt and plaid shorts. These Kitestrings seersucker pants look nice with the pink shirt, too. I love this!
I felt like I had finished the race in first place with these sweet Vineyard Vines shorts for Carrington. Luckily, Carrington liked everything that I bought for him. No complaints!   
Courtland is a little more discriminating, but she did like almost everything I bought for her. One thing we both agreed upon was this darling outfit. They were sold separately, but I put them together-navy blue Gap skirt with a subtle ruffle at the neckline, and these kelly green Gap ankle pants with belt detail. She came away with 4 shirts, 4 shorts, 1 pair of ankle pants, a pair of like-new Sperry Topsiders, and 3 dresses. Another win! 
What did I spend? My grand total after tax was $125.00 for 23 items. I'll gladly take that.
If you missed my previous post this week about the Danville Kids Consignment Sale, you can read it here. Again, visit the website at www.danvillekidsconsignment.com for more information and to sign up for their email list.   The sale is just beside Food Lion in the Market Square shopping Center at 3300 US 29 North in Danville, Virginia. There will also be a Women's and Home Sale April 15-18. If you would like to shop, consign, or volunteer for that sale, please sign up at www.danvillekidsconsignment.com. Please tell them that you heard it here from Southern Virginia Mom's blog! Have fun, and best of luck finding exactly what you need!

KID'S Sale -PUBLIC SHOPPING HOURS:
Thursday March 26 -  9am - New/To-be parents and grandparents
Thursday, March 26 - 10am-7pm
Friday, March 27 - 9am-7pm
Saturday, March 28 - 9am - 3pm**
**Saturday - tags marked Discount "YES" are 50% off**
Want to shop the 1/2 price sale on Saturday early?
Bring a money or food donation for God's Storehouse to the door Saturday morning and get in at 8:30am!

DKC WOMEN & HOME Sale
April 15-18, 2015
Market Square Shopping Center
3303 US Highway 29 North - Business
Danville VA 24540

Have fun and good luck shopping at this consignment event, and I hope you find everything you're looking for!  Wishing you the very best!
xoxo, Erin
Southern Virginia Mom
Be sure to like Southern Virginia Mom on facebook to stay updated on events and happenings in our region.


Comments

Adsense