6 Great Main Street Shops in South Boston, Virginia

My friend and neighbor Tracy was planning to go shopping in downtown South Boston today, specifically looking for a table and a couple of end tables for her beach home. I gladly invited myself, because I love window shopping and visiting the Main Street shops here in SoBo. I'm so glad I did. 
We first went to 3 Women No Truck, which happens to be having a moving sale. Everything in the store excluding candles and jewelry is 50% off. Tracy found this black console table for $125.00, which meant the price would be a breezy $62.50. She likes it as is, but thought she might chalk paint it a lighter color to go with her bright and airy beach decor. By the way, 3 Women No Truck is moving into the same space as Electric Service Company on North Main Street around the end of this month, or the first of April, so go see them and welcome them to their new location! 
3 Women No Truck's current location sits just beside the Global Friends Destination Gallery, so when we left one building, we casually strolled right in to the other. Mrs. Frances Harrell was volunteering today, and I was so happy to see her. Her enthusiasm for local and regional art is contagious, and I left very excited about the offerings we have here in South Boston. We talked about garden fundraisers and art dinners and auctions and all sorts of ideas. 
Matt Stafford has been the featured artist at the Destination Gallery. He is a potter and painter, and both of his media were on display and for sale at the Gallery. 

Linda Lumsden's line of LuLu for You handmade necklaces are also on display and for sale at the Global Friends Gallery. These fun pieces are one-of-a-kind, and each tells its own story. Although you may find them in specialty stores and boutiques everywhere from Danville to the Outer Banks, in South Boston, you can only find them here at the Destination Gallery. 

We left the Destination Gallery and strolled down the street to Enchanted Surroundings. This beautiful building is currently for sale. The business is not, but they were also having a 50% off sale, so we hopped inside to take a quick peek. 
This building and its interesting architectural detail are captivating.
 So is the inside.  
OK I went in for a quick peek, but fell in love with this chair while there. It is on sale for $50. I didn't buy it, but I figured I would go back by there when I get a chance and have some money with me, and if the chair is still there, then it was meant to be. 
We then popped in at a new furniture store that is opening on Main Street, which will be an extension of Heritage House. This store will feature new furniture by known brands such as Ashley Furniture, as well as pre-owned and antique pieces, and even some project pieces. Henkel Harris is one of my very favorite names in furniture, so when I arrived, the store owner Jim Lacks showed me to several pieces he currently has in stock. This one was my favorite. I really love this 12 glass pane Henkel Harris corner cupboard and the coordinating drop leaf table by the same maker. 
We then strolled over to see our friend Jeanette who owns and operates Keep It Classy, an upscale consignment shop on Main Street. She has the cutest items and no two days' inventory are the same when I visit. I adore this purple Milly dress on the mannequin. If you're lucky enough to wear a size 4, this dress is for you.     

I thought this white ruffled blouse was pretty, too. I especially love the large black bow tied around the waist. So sweet. 
Tracy and I had walked and talked so much that we nearly forgot to grab a bite to eat, which would have been a lunchtime travesty, because we would have missed out on the tastiest address on this side of Main Street.
We made our way to Southern Plenty Cafe, the brightest, most eclectic spot around with wonderful food and a nice selection of wines and gourmet goodies. I had the cream of asparagus and potato soup with a slice of bacon cheddar quiche that was to die for, plus a square of sweet cornbread that I drizzled juice upon from a fresh orange wedge and shared with my friend. There was nothing short of delicious about this lunch. The cheerful, yet cozy ambiance and friendly faces were a great bonus!  
 

What a fun way to spend the day, strolling along Main Street with a friend, enjoying the sunshine, window shopping, conversing with friends in the community, appreciating art, photographing historic architectural details, filling up on bacon cheddar quiche, and topping off the day with quotes such as this: 
We did make one more stop before heading home. Can you guess where? We stopped back at 3 Women No Truck, and Tracy bought the black table. How could she resist? It was exactly what she needed, and at $62.50 it was a steal! I wish the business the best of luck and am excited for them in their new venture with Electric Service Company. I was glad to hear that there are already new occupants waiting to move into the space. I am also excited for the expansion of Heritage House, and am hoping for lots of foot traffic in their direction.  I am hoping to make my way up to the other end on Main Street soon, and when I do, I'll be sure to keep you posted of what's going on that may be of interest. Listed here are only six spots, but there are lots more that I love to visit and even more, love to shop! Until then, enjoy your week and have a lovely spring weekend! 
xoxo, Erin

Comments

Adsense