A Day on the Southern Virginia Wild Blueway

My friend Rebecca and I have been planning for several weeks to spend the day in kayaks on the Banister Lake or River, both of which are part of the region's Southern Virginia Wild Blueway. I almost cancelled yesterday, because I have been battling a cold this week. I decided at the last minute to go for it, though, and I am so glad I did! The weather was warm for an October day, the colors on the trees were vibrant, the clear water sparkled. It was perfect. We spent four hours on the placid water paddling, taking pictures, birdwatching, talking, and enjoying Rebecca's homemade gluten-free apple pie. It was autumn bliss. When we finished, I felt better than I have in a week. There is something about  sunshine, fresh air, and a Southern Virginia October sky that does a body, mind, and spirit very, very good. Here's a glimpse of the blueway from my seat in the kayak.
 
 
 
 
xoxo, Erin

Comments

Adsense