Which Dress is Best? The RED or the BLACK?

Yesterday was Valentine's Day, and in honor of one pink-cheeked bow and arrow wielding cherub, Mark and I made plans to attend a little Valentine shindig with our neighbors. No matter what's in my closet, I always seem to realize at the very last minute that I have nothing to wear. This past week, I drove past Keep It Classy, which is a great boutique-style consignment shop in downtown South Boston. I wondered if I would have any luck at all, waiting until the week before the holiday to find something party appropriate.  I walked into the store and not only found one great dress I could wear, but two! I soon realized the hard part wasn't finding the perfect dress, but deciding which one to purchase. 
Dress Number 1: I loved this red dress by Limited, $17. It was in perfect condition and fit beautifully. In addition to consigning upscale clothing, proprietor Jeanette Roberts sells her own line of new hats. These are perfect for any occasion, but with Easter and the Kentucky Derby fast approaching, she has been selling out of her one-of-a-kind creations very quickly.  Knowing I would want a Derby-worthy hat, I had to decide not only which dress to purchase, but what hat to take home, as well. I tried the black and red hat, $35, with the red dress. What do you think of these together? Did I choose this one?
Dress Number 2: I loved the way this Talbot's dress, $22, flattered my figure. A classic style and basic black made this one almost irresistible. This aqua blue hat, $40, is gorgeous and very spring-ish! I like the way that the bright blue shows up against my nearly black hair, and color really pops! What do you think? Did I buy this one instead?
Here is a picture of the detail that is typical of one of Jeanette's creations. Aren't they fun?  
Keep It Classy is a wonderful boutique consignment shop owned by Jeannette Roberts. Jeanette accepts upscale, quality name brand consignment adult clothing and accessories, so you don't have to hunt too hard to find a treasure to suit your style and budget. Keep It Classy is open Tuesday through Friday 10-5 and Saturday 10-4, and is located at 230 Main Street, South Boston, Virginia.  
Keep it Classy will begin accepting spring and summer clothing at the end of February. Only the highest quality merchandise is accepted. Start taking inventory of your wardrobe now, and take your best spring and summer consignment pieces to Keep It Classy at that time. 
So what did I choose? The RED! It was Valentine's Day, after all.
I also chose the BLACK. It was a practical, yet beautiful dress. I wore it to church this morning with this zebra print  overcoat. I couldn't be more pleased with this dress.  
I also bought the blue hat, and I am saving it hopefully to wear on Derby Day. Now, let's go shopping for a Derby dress!
When you visit Keep It Classy, tell Jeanette I referred you, and good luck picking out the perfect pieces to complement your wardrobe. With all the snow in the  near forecast, I probably should have bought a snowsuit! If you see one, let me know. I'm serious. 
xoxo, Erin
Southern Virginia Mom

ps Thanks so very much to Jeanette at Keep It Classy for allowing me to promote the business. Jeanette, you are always a pleasure to work with! Thank you so much for the opportunity and for always helping me pick the cutest clothing items. xoxo, E 

Comments

Adsense