Keeping it Classy in Downtown South Boston, Virginia



Have you heard of Keep It Classy Consignments in downtown South Boston?  Let me fill you in on this little insider secret. Keep It Classy is a wonderful boutique consignment shop owned by business partners Jeannette Roberts and Gloria Newton of Roxboro, North Carolina.  Jeanette accepts upscale and quality name brand consignment adult clothing and accessories items for resale, so you don't have to hunt too hard to find a treasure to suit your style and budget.
Need a good reason to consign? How about five? 
1. Consigning is good for your closet. It keeps your closets full of clothes you love and wear, and rids your closet of items that you don't.
2. It is good for your wallet to sell, sell, sell! Why throw away nice, expensive clothing or let it go out of date sitting in your closet when you can get a little return on your investment?
 3. It is good for your wallet to buy, buy, buy! Consigned clothing is much less expensive than buying new. Here's a personal tip: If you have a clothing budget, buy basic items at consignment stores, and leave space for pricey retail items you might not otherwise be able to afford. Balance out the consignment item prices with the designer prices and you have yourself a workable wardrobe within your budget.

4. Consigning is supportive of the local economy. When you consign items, you not only pad your own wallet, but you support a small local owned business, and your sale or purchase affects another person either buying your item or selling their own.  
 5. I am a huge fan of reusing, reducing, and recycling, as many of us are, and I try to live this philosophy in my everyday life, including my clothing purchases. Reusing, recycling, and upcycling contribute to the overall reduction in consumer waste. Every time I consign, I like to think of myself as being a slightly brighter shade of "green." Extra "green" points awarded for carrying your own shopping bag!

Consignment stores can be hit or miss sometimes, as owners are at the mercy of what their consignors have to sell. I usually have pretty good luck, though, and have become a self-proclaimed expert at eyeing and picking out winning pieces. I stopped by Keep It Classy earlier this week and left with a couple of great pieces that I absolutely love! One is this fun pink and white striped blouse in the selfie below. Did this belong to you? If so, thank you! I love it!  

I also fell in love with these bright yellow pants, which fit like a charm! They look super cute with this springy navy blue Ann Taylor blazer with lace top and chunky pearls. The pink and white selfie I took didn't turn out so well. Vertically challenged people with short arms are at a disadvantage when it comes to selfies, so I corralled my husband into taking pictures of the yellow pants for me. This may be a good time to ask for a tripod for my camera... 
Bright Yellow Pants = Shopping Success!

If you stop by the store, tell Jeanette and Joyce that I said hello and told you about the store.
Keep It Classy Consignments is open Tuesday through Friday 10-5 and Saturday 10-4.
This store is located at 230 Main Street, South Boston, Virginia.
There is a Roxboro, North Carolina store, as well, under the same ownership, located at 117 S. Main Street. www.keepitclassyconsignments.com

I may see a trip to Roxboro in my near future...

Comments

Adsense